On Sunday, I will be starting a new job. Or to be more precise, I will be returning to my previous workplace after a year's absence.
After three years in a job which I mostly liked, working with people I mostly adored, I was feeling restless. An opportunity presented itself in a different field which I thought was interesting and believed was a good choice. And though there were many positives about the new job, somehow it never really felt like a good fit.
While I was thinking about how to proceed (make the best of things or look for a new job) the option of returning to my previous workplace came up. And I decided to take it.
Why am I telling you this mundane, boring saga? Because on the eve of starting again in a familiar place, I am feeling very grateful.
- I am grateful for the chance I had to try something new, to learn different things, to stretch myself.
- I am grateful for the people I met who welcomed me.
- I am grateful for the people who are welcoming me back with open arms.
- I am grateful for bosses who it is an honor and pleasure to work for (I've had the other kind so I can definitely tell the difference).
- I am grateful for my family and friends who have listened to my endless contemplations and been supportive of every decision.
- I am grateful for my family and friends who helped me reach my decisions.
- I am grateful to God for bringing good people and good things to my life.