Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

My friend's son lent me his copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Yes, you're right. This post should really be all about Maor's bat mitzvah party which was very nice thanx for asking. I was going to post about it once I got the pictures back so I could post together. But now I'm not sure when I'll have photos so bli neder I will post about her party soon.
Way more exciting is I GOT MY HANDS ON THE NEW HARRY POTTER BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Since being in California I don't buy books any more. I just use the public libraries which are awesome (read my previous post on tools for book lovers). So of course I put a hold on the new Harry Potter book at 2 different libraries and then realized they would become available while I'm in Israel. I then put a hold on the book (and the CD version) under Maor's name and suspended the hold so it comes due when I get home. I asked Arthur to bring me the book from the library when he came but even though he went with my library card they wouldn't give it to him. Bummer!
Well, my neighbor's son, E, spent the last 8 months in Perth, Australia under the auspices of Torah Mitzion and his mom casually mentioned tonight that he brought the new Harry Potter book with him. I said to her nobody else in your house is going to read it in English, right? To which she replied no. Off I ran to ask E if I could have the book when he finishes it. He said to me, it will take me a while to read it, will you finish it within 2 weeks? I said, are you kidding me, I'll finish it over Shabbat. So he said take it.
Me: Are you sure?
E: Yes, go ahead.
Me: No, you read it first.
E: It's fine, take it.
Talk about joy!!! So, as soon as I finish posting, even though it's after midnight, I am going to shower and start reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!!!
BTW, if you are not familiar with the Harry Potter audiobooks read by Jim Dale you should check them out. He is amazing and they are great to listen to. An interesting article about the rise of audiobooks in general can which also mentions Jim Dale can be found here.

0 comments: