Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2007

All my bags are packed....


Well, after a morning of frantic phone calls to the National Passport Information Center and the airline I think I should be okay with my flight this evening. I will just fly out with my Israeli passport and renew my US passport when I get to Israel. I made an appointment for July 3rd at the embassy in Tel Aviv, got passport photos at Walgreens, and completed and printed the renewal form. The joys of the internet! After a much needed cup of coffee I was able to calm down enough to finish packing. I think I'm good. Arthur came home from Texas and is napping, Maor made last minute phone calls to Israel to be sure they roll out the red carpet, and made me sign her up for the Bnei Akiva trip to Superland and the masa.
I've got dollars, Euros (stopover in Germany, unfortunately), and Shkalim, passports, credit cards, gum, nosh, crossword puzzle magazines, books, MP3 players for both Maor and myself with audiobooks. Sounds like we're all set, right?
I don't know how much I'll post when I'm in Israel (or how I'll manage to read all my blog subscriptions) so for now, wishing everyone a great summer!

3 comments:

mother in israel said...

Let me know how your stopover in Germany went; I'm planning the same thing. Hope you had/are having a great time!

Batya said...

ENJOY!

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Wow! Good luck, safe travels, have a wonderful time.

I'll be back to visit.


Scarlett & Viaggiatore (the lion)