Pages

Monday, June 11, 2007

Something about me challenge

I found this interesting and low key reading challenge where you choose 5 books which represent you in some way, post them on the Something about Me reading challenge blog, and on August 5th, choose 5 books from other people's list to read. I had a tough time coming up with my list because I can't remember everything I've read and I really wanted to choose books that 1) I've read 2) I liked 3) represented me. So without further ado, here is my list, in no particular order:
1. Beach Music by Pat Conroy. This is my all time favorite book and I have read it a few times. I chose it because like one of the characters, my father was a holocaust survivor, although I don't think I'm as messed up as the character is by this.
2. Chocolat by Joanne Harris. Chosen because I love chocolate!
3. Good Grief by Lolly Winston. I chose this book because like the main character I live in Silicon Valley and came because of my husband's job.
4. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. I chose this haunting book because I had a teenage daughter who died, but not as gruesomely as the main character in this book, thank God.
5. The World According to Garp by John Irving. Chosen because like Garp, I too harbor anxieties about my child's safety.

I will let you know what books I chose to read after I pick.

2 comments:

Margo. said...

I loved Chocolat. :)

Lisa said...

Hey Chasida -- I've read every one of your choices! That must mean we have similar tastes in books. :)

By the way, you don't have to choose 5 books in August to read...you can choose as many or as few as you want. I was going to choose one from each person's list! haha. That has pretty much become impossible with so many people in on the challenge now!

I'm in Livermore -- good to meet someone local online!